Thursday, February 18, 2010

Fíjase que...

OK, si pues, I didn't end up going to Tikal, which is kind of a bummer (it didn't work out as the bus we were going to take ended up not running and our security officer didn't want us to take an overnight bus do to "dangers on the cross country road at night"). Amazing enough though, I'm not too disappointed as A. I know I will get to Tikal, in fact I may go in April with a friend of mine who is COSing (COS = close of service) in July and B. instead we went to Xocomil for Anne's birthday and it was maybe the funnest day ever.

Xocomil is a waterpark on the way to the coast so it's only about an hour from Xela. It was probably the nicest, cleanest, emptiest water park I've ever been to. We had a great day of running around going on water-slides, lounging in the lazy river, lounging in the wave pool, lounging in the sun...wow Peace Corps, what a TOUGH life!!

OK, but it really was a great break where we could play tourist instead of aid worker, and lay out and not worry about things like, contaminated water, malnutrition or work and just RELAX.

It was great.

Anywho, I've spent all my money now due to that luxurious break, so I'll probably spend the rest of the month moping around site, but it was WELL worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment