Monday, April 12, 2010

In Service Training

What a long day! From 8am - 6pm we had a meeting in a hotel conference room in Xela with our counterparts. All of the Healthy Homes (our new project name) volunteers from my training groups and their respective counterparts came to Xela (anywhere from 15 min trip to about 24 hrs.) to participate. Oh yea, it was in Spanish.

We have another half day of meetings/conference with the counterparts tomorrow (although we are staying in a lush hotel with, wait for it... running water, cable and delish food!) then we (just the volunteers without our counterparts) are off to learn how to build stoves and latrines 'in the field'. (I'm spending the week at my friend Katie's site, in San Cristobal, Totonicipan, which is only about 30 min from Xela, an easy commute).

I'm looking forward to this week, hopefully I'll learn a lot, and I hope to post some pictures of us "getting our hands dirty" in the field as the week goes by!

No comments:

Post a Comment