Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Turkey Day #2

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

We had a GREAT thanksgiving here in San Vicente - SO.MUCH.FOOD.

I may still be getting over my food hangover (among other things). The turkey was delish, he was laid to rest on Wednesday, cleaned and stuffed and sewed back up to be cooked all day Thurs. We had Turkey, stuffing, fresh cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, spinach casserole, yam pudding, sweet potato and carrot pudding, mashed potatoes, cauliflower and cheese casserole, sweet potato bread, apple pie, apple cake, roast veggies, fudge, fresh gravy, home made cheesy biscuits, bean dip, rice pudding and whipped cream.

Here's a photo of me and my friend Melissa enjoying the turkey!


We kind of felt like we were at Medieval Times Restaurant


Here's a great shot of the whole gang, taken by my stellar home-stay brother Eddie (he's 11!)

Can you SEE all that food, it's out of control, and so yummy! - sorry I'm making a weird face in the photo, not sure why.

Anyway, thanksgiving was AMAZING we slept it off on Friday and went into Xela in the PM to hang out, then went to Antigua to see Harry Potter in the theater in English, and let me tell you, worth the chicken bus ride. While dark and violent, I really,really,really loved the new Harry Potter movies, and since the books and movies have been a staple in my life since I was 11 years old, I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with myself once the last one comes out. For almost half my life I've had a Harry Potter book and or movie to look forward to and it's all coming to an END... regardless, as I'm sure you can tell, seeing this movie was almost like a religious experience for me, so close to the end, but still one more to look forward to. AMAZING. (Did I say that already?)

But now I'm back in site and already counting down the days (21!) till the Wood family comes for their epic Xmas/New Years visit to Guatemala. I can't WAIT! - and we're talking the ENTIRE Wood fam, Nick, Alex and of course Fiona and Andrew, it's going to be so much fun (we're going to the beach for New Years!).


No comments:

Post a Comment