Thursday, January 27, 2011

The last long haul

The last six months of service are here.

Wow, I’ve been living in Guatemala since April 2009, and here I am on my last long haul. With all the thinking I’ve been doing about my life after Peace Corps, it has been really hard focusing on my work here. Between scholarship applications and FAFSA reports etc. I feel as though my work here has been put on the back burner.

I hope to be changing that now as I’ve had a full couple weeks working in Chihuitan, Pasac and Xemuj with workshops, charlas and meetings. I’ve also been working with my counterpart organizing HIV workshops in the new schools in towns and working in training my health center staff on giving the workshops themselves.

Tomorrow is THE BIG DAY, it’s the SPA meeting (Small Project Assistance) and they will announce whether or not the money is coming through from the US government to fund my project, fingers crossed!

I will keep you updated on the progress of the project and all that jazz, hope all is well and that 2011 is going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment