Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Just South of the Scottish Border

Easter 2009.

As a sort of “last hoorah” I drove up to Newcastle for Easter with Nathan where we celebrated Easter with Granny, Uncle James and Aunt Janet and the entire Australian contingent of the Wood family (including, Uncle Ben, Auntie Liz, Alice and Harry).


View Larger Map

The drive up was great, other than the fact that Nathan and I were a little under the weather (some people call it being “hung over”, I call it living a little) and the weather itself seemed to feel the same. The dreary rain chased us all the way up to Scotch Corner, where we turned off the motorway and were suddenly faced with a breathtaking sunset and the MOST adorable baby lambs EVER:



So I’m carefully watching the beautiful-ness and cute-ness all around me and therefore (obviously) stop paying attention to where we’re going and end up 45 minutes west of where we were meant to go (we were about 2 counties west…oops!).

Luckily we made it there and back in one piece.

Now I am back in Brockenhurst and figuring out how to pack all my stuff for two years into one bag…any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment