Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A few weeks in

So the most exciting news is the extremity of my flea problem. I look like I have small pox and am afraid of getting skin poisoning with the amount of bug spray I use. Apparently fleas live on the floor, and so this weekend my number one job is to buy some bleach and a mop and to drown the suckers while I also wash all my bedding. Not sure how successful my plan will be but I am reaching a point of desperation.

I am not so worried with how I look, but the itching is so bad I can barely concentrate on anything. I am a hydrocortazone cream maniac and use about half a pound a day...I am not sure if it helps, but am only worried about how bad it would be if I ran out.

On top of that, this week has been quite pleasant. Ferney is in Guatemala for a workshop organized by Peace Corps, so I am dog sitting Ziki Ziki. He is grounded at the moment as he followed me to the mayor´s office, interupted our meeting, and then jumped on me. He also "helped" with my charla about leche materna and HIV-AIDs to a group of women on Tuesday by sitting at my feet the entire time. He is sweet, but has no manners.

I should probably go check on him and give him some brekky before I head to my first charla for the day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Phil, Help is on it's way!! Flee powder and a multitude of other essentials will be arriving in a very large box soon. Well done with all your work - we're REALLY PROUD of you.
    Love, Mum & Dad xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete