Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I just spent the last two hours with my hands inside a Turkey!

---

It's official, Turkey the Ginny is dead.

We bought Turkey the Ginny about two months ago (mas o menos) and since then he's consumed a large amount of liquor (apparently it pre-marinades the meat). Let me tell you how entertaining a drunk turkey is, super entertaining.

He will be missed, however, at 12:15pm today, Wednesday, November 25, Turkey the Ginny was hung from his little feet and his neck was cut. It was quick, and I'd like to think he was too drunk to really realize what was going on - but it had to happen, in order for our thanksgiving feast to be complete.

I get home, and cut him open and take out the inside parts. Take a while cleaning the stomach and put the gizzards in to cook (Nitz had a WONDERFUL dinner tonight, of stomach, liver and legs!). I cleaned him out and stuck him in the fridge.

Tomorrow I'll make Ferney's birthday ice cream cake (well, we'll see about the ice cream part as it melted on the camioneta ride home from Xela, and dripped all over my costal.) and cinnamon cake. In the evening (after the camp of about 40 kids, which I'm going to have to do alone because Ferney's out of town) I'm making the stuffing and going to sew dear ol' Turkey the Ginny back up.

We're not celebrating 'till friday, as it's easier for everyone to get here on friday (yay!), and we're hoping to have about 15 people come to our site to celebrate! It's going to be awesome.

I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving, I wish I could be at a giant table filled with everyone I love, however know that while I'm devouring dear old Turkey the Ginny, I'll be thinking of everyone I love and knowing that I'll see you soon!

Just to end this post the "right way"...Turkey the Ginny's head is in a bowl in my fridge, I'm giving it to Ferney as a birthday present. I'm am for sure, the Best Sitemate EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment