Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Happy 2010!

So it's back to reality. I've just come back from about three weeks (maybe closer to two) in England, for Christmas and then we went to France to ski for New Years (of course I got tonsilitis so I became a very talented Chalet bunny, if I do say so myself).

I flew into Guatemala city last night, spent the night at a very posh hotel near the outskirts (thanks Dad!) and am now back in the Peace Corps Office trying to get some paperwork done. I was REALLY hoping to get back to San Vicente today, but it doesn't look like that's happening as everyone's dissappeared for lunch and will probably not be back for a while, and I'm looking at a five or six hour trip back and it's already 2pm. ARG.

However, there is a silver lining as I will most likely be able to spend the evening with Robin and Jasmine, two volunteers who were in the same training group as me and have decided to ET (Early Termination aka quit). Robin got engaged over the holiday (congrats!) and Jasmine worked as a volunteer in Boliva before coming to Guatemala and I think she's ready for a normal life. So we'll have a nice send off evening (Ladies night at Mono Loco! oh NO!) and I'll get back to site tomorrow.

I hope everyone had a GREAT Christmas and New Years, I'll update once I'm back in site (if I ever get there).

No comments:

Post a Comment