Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Office Work?

Close your eyes, (except – continue reading)

Picture your life if you were a Peace Corps volunteer. Where would you live, probably some place warm, probably rather barren, a small town or village? What would you do? Work outside, work with an indigenous population, live and work with the people and the land.

The last ten days I have been in and around the tourist town of Antigua, Guatemala and working in the Peace Corps office. All necessary work, I’m happy to do it, I have been training the trainees and working with GAD (the Gender and Development Committee) but I am very ready to go home.

Today I had a presentation for the trainees about the GAD committee. What is it? What do we do? How can we help them? How can they incorporate gender in their projects and communities? What’s our role on the GAD committee and what do we do and if they’re interested, how can they get involved.

Gracias a dios, that was my last presentation I have to do at the office and I am returning to site tomorrow (phew!), with four (yes, four) trainees in tow. These four trainees (three are in my program, one in Ferney’s) will be living in our site and working with us until Saturday, luckily, as I’ve been gone for so long, we will have LOTS to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment