Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Fund-raising has Started!

So I've finally gotten my act together and I have set up a website for all of my fund-raising efforts. it is: http://southofthemexicanborder.webs.com/ please check it out, and if you are able, please donate!

This website talks about the projects I hope to do, the details of my site and work and how you can help by donating money. I would really appreciate any donations (of course) but also if you could please forward this link on anyway you can (post it in your facebook status, twitter it, email it to your family and friends) I would really appreciate it.

This week I've been head down and working in site, finishing up paper work for my promoters, getting my "promoter wall" in the Centro de Salud finished and working on the schedule for FBT. I think I have everything almost under control, so nothing will jump up on me while I am unprepared, but you never know.

I had a meeting with some people from the Area de Salud in Totonicapan who were SESAN representatives (Sistema Nacional de Seguridad Alimentaria y Nutricional, they work with woman and families in Momostenango to help improve the malnutrition rate here in our department) to see how they can work with my promoter groups. It was quite successful, but as they're government workers, they have their own agenda and so I think we're going to be treading carefully.

As a shout out, (as I forgot to put it in my last post) I had a GREAT birthday party in Santa Maria Chiquimula two weekends ago, it was great fun so thanks to all who participated! I can't believe I was 22 when I got here, I am now 24 and I won't leave here until I am 25! There goes my early twenties, you're welcome Guatemala.

No comments:

Post a Comment