Monday, May 3, 2010

Time goes by

After a great weekend at San Marcos la Laguna with the rest of my training group to celebrate one year in country, I am starting to freak out at how little time I have left here (only 15 months!) and how much I have to do. (See photos below)





I've recently been elected to the Peace Corps Gender and Development (GAD) Committee, as our project representative. I am therefore the 'go to' person for all the healthy homes volunteers (we now have about 30 trainees in our program!) for questions on gender/development either personal or regarding work. For this, I will have to try to attend GAD meetings (as many as I can make) and do presentations for all volunteer conferences as well as to the trainees at the Peace Corps office in Antigua.

This week my friend Anna and I will be heading to Flores Costa Cuca to visit Katy and Joe again. This time we will be building cement floors, so hopefully more photos will follow. In addition, this Saturday is my Birthday party, being hosted by the wonderful Andrea and organized by my friend Adrian. I can't believe that I arrived in Guatemala when I was 22, and now I am turning 24! How time flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment